HUNTINGsmart! USA Knowledge Base
Module 04 - SHOTGUNS 101
- The moving parts of a firearm that allow loading, firing and unloading.
- The part of the action that drives the firing pin forward.
- Loading/ejection port:
- The opening through which cartridges are inserted or ejected from the magazine or chamber.
- Front/middle bead
- A small, metallic knob that acts as the sight of a firearm.
- Ventilated rib:
- A feature used to assist with sighting and to disperse the heat that rises from the barrel.